A Message from Executive Director, Jannah Bailey, on COVID-19
We are all still processing and accepting the fact that the Coronavirus/COVID-19 has greatly impacted our world as we know it. These are certainly unprecedented and uncertain times and no doubt our priorities are keeping our families safe. At Child Protect we are following local and national guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff, our team, and our clients. However, as you know, child abuse does not take time off for holidays, weekends, or in this case a virus.
Child Protect has been serving abused children in our community for over 30 years; children who have been in the most unsafe situations. With school closings, day care closings, people out of work, financial burdens, and the added stress of the unknown, an environment for increased child abuse can occur. The staff at Child Protect are highly skilled and trained in responding to trauma and experienced in times of crisis. We remain available to answer the call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to provide a forensic interview for the child at the request of the Montgomery County DHR and/or local Law Enforcement. We have decided to provide counseling to the children via Zoom Conference calls so as not to disrupt their healing process. This will also help limit the number of children and families in our facility.
We are grateful for your continued support for the children we serve, they are counting on all of us, now more than ever.
CHILD PROTECT, CAC COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- Only one Caregiver/Guardian is allowed per child(ren).
- Only one family will be allowed in the lobby at a time.
- Please sanitize your hands before entering. A hand sanitizer station has been set up on our porch, to the right of our front door, for your convenience.
- Please wear a mask upon entering. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- We will check your temperature with a contactless thermometer before entering the building. If it is above 100.4 we will ask you to reschedule.
- If you or anyone with you has had a fever greater than 100.4 within the last 48 hours, please reschedule your appointment.
- We will work to maintain social distancing (6 ft.).
- No unscheduled visits until further notice. Unfortunately, we are currently not able to see anyone without a scheduled appointment. If you would like to make a donation or speak to someone, please call to schedule an appointment.